Speakers not working properly despite Boost

• 15 January 2021
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Shame.  The only other thing I can think of is a faulty speaker disrupting the mesh in some way.  I would not say this was likely, but worth checking out.  If I had to pick one to start with I would go with Living Room Right.  So, as a final shot would you try this please.  

Separate the Living Room stereo pair and power off Living Room Right.  Give the system a few minutes to reconfigure and see how it goes.  If that’s no good, power the Right speaker on and the Left off and try that.

If that doesn’t help I’m afraid I am out of ideas.

PS.  When you group, start from the Living Room speaker.

Edit: in fact I do have one more idea if none of that works…. go to Settings, System, Network and tap ‘Wireless Setup’ and follow the prompts to go back to running in WiFi mode, with just the primary Deco.

Badge

This week hasn’t really worked as expected. It all works well at occasions, but not a single day without issues. 

It seems to not be any specific speaker that is faulty. I’ve had issues with all speakers during this week. Not playing music, disappearing and coming back. The sonos app working slowly at occasions, despite that I try to switch network channels when it happens, no network channel works well.  It can be problem just playing in 1-2 speakers, but mainly always when playing on all four. 

I Yesterday also lost the living room left speaker completely until now, where I needed to factory reset it. 

I’m trying to run it now on wifi, with only the main deco connected. This doesn’t work well either. They are slow, and the music stops play in the different speakers.

I guess it’s the Symfonisk book shelf speakers that just are too crappy. Btw, why would this work better than having a Sonos Boost connected? Isn’t the whole idea with the Boost that it makes better wifi?

Do you have any sort of guarantee or money back possibility? This whole set up hasn't worked properly even for a week since I first bought it, and even paying more money for new products to fix it doesn’t help (Boost).