Skip to main content
Question

speakers losing connectio. with new internet/wifi

• 26 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I changed internet providers and my speakers (two Sonos one, a port, and a move) constantly lose connection or are not connecting when I try to airplay from my phone or the app. How do I troubleshoot to improve connection? My internet speed is much faster now, but for some reason the connection isn’t as stable. Is this because of the new app at all?

1 reply

It’s unlikely that it is the new app, since the app is only a remote control, and your speakers operate without the controller app at all.

It’s much more likely to be a case of either wifi interference , or possibly a duplicate IP addressissue, brought on by the relatively frequent updates recently. If it is the latter, you could at least temporarily resolve it by powering off all your Sonos devices, and the rebooting your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reboot before plugging back in your Sonos devices. 

If the issue persists, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.