speakers disappearing from App

• 16 December 2020
  • 3 replies

We have speakers in different rooms throughout the house plus a home theater system. Over the past couple of days the speakers have slowly disappeared from the app. I once had 5 different ones and now I am down to 2. I try to add them back in and nothing is found. I have turned them off etc. what the heck. Nothing has changed in our WiFi or anything else in the last couple days. Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What type of router/WiFi system are you using? Is it a mesh system with hub access points or just a central based router. Assuming there are two WiFi bands in use (2.4ghz & 5ghz), do they each have different SSID Names and do they auto-select their channels? 

A bit more information about the network will help to give an opinion/advice on what maybe a good step to try to resolve the dropout issues.

It is a router not mesh based system. I have had no problems for the last year. It just all the sudden happened. 

If the devices are running on your WiFi - I would try changing and ‘fixing’ your routers 2.4ghz WiFi channel. Set it to channel 1, 6 or 11 and if your router allows, set the channel width to 20MHz. Try each channel for 30 minutes each, to see which channel works best for your home.

If you have any of your Sonos products wired to the LAN then goto "settings/system/network” in the Sonos App and set the SonosNet channel so it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel.

See if that resolves your device dropout/connection issues.