Answered

Speakers Disappearing

Hi There

I have an issue with my Sonos speakers disappearing while playing music. I have a Beam, One and Play:1 in my lounge/dining room.  The Beam is wired to my router, while the other two work over wifi. When I play music on either the Beam or the One individually (or any one or more of those speakers combined with the Play:1) after a few songs the music suddenly stops and the speakers disappear from both the Sonos App and Spotify, and I usually have to reset them or unplug and leave them for a bit to get them back. It doesn’t matter whether I play music via Alexa (enabled on the Beam but not the One) or via my phone - the music plays for a bit and then just stops. I’ve been having this problem with the Beam for about two years, and eventually gave up playing music on it and instead just used the Play:1. However, I bought a One last week, which is having the same problem and, given the money I’ve invested, I’d really like to use them! Interestingly, I never have this problem with the Play:1 - I can play music on it all day with no issue. I am a tech novice, but any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 May 2022, 20:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app?

Read more here:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219

Thanks, GuitarSuperstar - I’ve not tried that, but I’ll give it a go!