Answered

Speakers close to router lagging

• 15 December 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I have a 2 room system. In the kitchen i have a Sonos One. It’s the speaker that is the furthest away from the router. About 5 meters and a thick stone wall in between. In the livingroom I have s Sub and 2 Symfonisk. They all stand within a 1-2 meter radius from the router. These 3 keeps loosing the sound. While playing music on the whole system the kitchen works fine but the speakers closest to the router keeps loosing the connection. What is wrong?

icon

Best answer by ratty 16 December 2020, 13:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Briefly: When you group the two rooms, start with the living room and add the kitchen.

Detail: The first room in a group is responsible for fetching the stream and sending it to the other grouped rooms. If you start the group from the kitchen and add the living room, the One has to work much harder -- on a tenuous wireless connection -- as it has to fetch the stream and then send it back to the living room units. The other way round, with the living room the first room in the group, the stream only has to penetrate the stone wall once on its way out to the kitchen One.

That worked for a while. Now the Sub keeps loosing the sound from time to time. The disyance between the Sub and the router is aprox 30 cm. Cable does not help.

Cable to what? If you want to try an Ethernet cable, wire it to one of the Symfonisk units (ideally the left one), not to the Sub.

That solved the problem for now. Thank you!