Answered

speaker setup

• 19 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have an amp and two sonos in ceiling rear speakers setup for my tv. The tv is connected to the amp with HDMI. I just purchased a Beam Gen2. How do I add this to my current setup? Do I plug the tv into the Beam? Or keep it connected to the amp?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 November 2023, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’ve never done this exact sequence. I think that it would be prudent to remove the HDMI cable from AMP, then reboot both TV and AMP before setting up BEAM. Be sure to “Add Product”, don’t setup a new system as you startup BEAM. If it’s a SAMSUNG TV power must be removed for at least two minutes before the reboot will be complete.

So if I reboot should I plug the HDMI into the Beam or the Amp?

Userlevel 7

The Beam connects to the TV’s HDMI ARC port. The Amp doesn’t need to connect to anything other than power and the in-ceiling speakers. When used as surrounds, the Amp will communicate wirelessly with the Beam.

Add the Amp as surrounds to the Beam by following the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater?