Sound Leveling

• 2 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Why don’t the Sonos speakers have sound leveling?

Sounds vary so much watching YouTube and listening to music. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DrFresh01, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I really appreciate for letting us know about your concern. 

Let me help you with this by submitting a diagnostic report to check and understand your system for us to provide some suggestions on some troubleshooting steps that you can follow.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We'll wait for your reply.

Just sent the diagnostic report

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DrFresh01, thank your quick reply.

We don’t have access to your Sonos system, please provide us the confirmation number of the diagnostic report for me to check.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DrFresh01, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let me help you with this.

Upon checking the diagnostic, I see that you have a 5.1 home theater setup connected to your WiFi network. 

Placing your Sonos speakers to the right location can achieve its best sound and wireless connection.

The Arc has two up-firing speakers within it that sound best when positioned either on a tabletop, or wall-mounted below a TV. Also, Arc requires a minimum of 5.5 inches on the front and sides of it, with at least 2 inches between the backside of Arc and the TV when in a tabletop orientation. If wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc. Your rear speakers or surround on the ear level and should be at least 2-3 feet away from the nearest wall.

You can adjust the balance and loudness of your speakers in the Sonos app. Tuning your Sonos speakers with Trueplay. Trueplay measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room, then fine-tunes your Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.

Hope this information helps.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.