Question

Sound dropping over network.

• 29 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I have 10 Sonos speakers in my home.  2 x Play 3, 6 x Play 1 (1st gen) and 2 x Play 1 (2nd gen).

They constantly drop out using music streaming services...particularly Spotify and Apple Music and less so with Pandora.  

I have excellent internet connection, boosts etc etc and have spent hours on the phone with Sonos Tech but am still none the wiser as to why the problem is happening.

So..does anyone know someone in the Los Angeles area who is an expert in Sonos and other smart speaker systems cause this has been going on for ages and is driving me nuts!!

Thx Sonos Community. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Roger Pollock, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about your issue on audio dropouts on your Sonos system. So that we can check the status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon, thanks for your note.  Diagnostic confirmation number is 244652956.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Roger Pollock, thanks for the update and for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. based on the information on the reports. It shows that it detected Wireless interference and Audio dropouts and Playback error on your Sonos system. Kindly check this link about reducing wireless interference on Sonos, and also this link about Audio dropouts on Sonos for some troubleshooting steps that you can follow. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

Hi Simon, I will check out these links and let you know how I get on.  Thx.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Roger Pollock, thanks for the quick update. Let us know how it goes and feel free to reach us out for any other issues in the future. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.