Answered

Sonos zones show up fine on Ipad but some are missing on iphone

• 6 November 2022
  • 3 replies

We have multiple Sonos amps that play different zones all over the house. I have no issue using the iPad. When I pull it up on my iPhone 2 zones are not in the list. On the IPad they are visible, on my iPhone they aren't there. All on the same network and wireless. It's as if they are hiding from my iPhone.

They work fine from the iPad but from the iPhone they just don't show up as a zone to pick but all the other zones are there and work fine from the iPhone.

All Sonos uses a wired connection to the network. 

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone figure out why?

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 November 2022, 19:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I imagine this is some sort of mesh network? Sonos tends to want all devices on the same subnet, some meshes split them. What your describing might be that the iPhone is connected to one, the iPad to the other….

Theres also a network privacy setting in iOS, but I usually don’t remember where that is, but @Ken_Griffiths usually points that out. ;)

Try toggling off the ‘Private Address’ MAC spoofing feature in the iDevice network connection (see attached). Also try switching off ‘WiFi calling’ on the iPhone (iOS Settings/Phone) and see if that sorts the issue.

Awesome..that cured the problem for me . Ken you rock .