Skip to main content

I received the Sonos Wall Mount (Pair) & set them up last weekend. Unfortunately it looked like the brackets were faulty. I have unlocked the collar on both brackets, yet the ball doesn’t move or pivot at all & seems stuck solid in one position. I called Sonos & they said that the brackets were faulty, so they sent out a replacement set, which arrived today.… Well the new pair are exactly the same?? 

They just will not budge. I have given some serious push on them, but nothing moves?

I am worried that they will break if I really push hard.

Reading the forum I see many people have the same issue, so I wonder if I am doing something wrong?

Did you unlock it like this?

Did you unlock it like this?

I did on both deliveries, yet no movement on either.…

Sorry, I accidentally pressed the ‘answered’ button on this query….😖

I have tried everything to get them to move, but it just feels like they are not meant to be moved???

If it is unlocked, it shouldn’t be that difficult to move. It might be time to look at a different brand wall mount.

If it is unlocked, it shouldn’t be that difficult to move. It might be time to look at a different brand wall mount.

I can’t believe that I have received two separate faulty products?

It seems like a common issue too, as many users have highlighted this as being a problem....

I wonder if it’s one of those mounts that becomes easier to adjust after the speaker is actually mounted on the wall. Regardless, you should consider looking at another mount. Sanus and Flexson make good mounting products.

I wonder if it’s one of those mounts that becomes easier to adjust after the speaker is actually mounted on the wall. Regardless, you should consider looking at another mount. Sanus and Flexson make good mounting products.

Thanks.…

I guess I’ll be on the phone to Sonos again tomorrow….🤦‍♂️

Spoke to Sonos & they insist that they are not faulty & that I must be doing something wrong.

Has anyone else got any tips on getting these wall mounts to work?

Having nearly given up, I decided to spray a tiny amount of WD-40 around the ball joints to see if it would loosen them…. after a few turns, the unit gave off a loud crack & I genuinely thought I had snapped it. It turned out that crack was the ball joint loosening & now both move much better.

So good old WD-40 saved the day.

I spoke with a customer service rep & they have said they may add it to the manual in the future, so who knows.

Thanks for all your responses, glad I got there on the end….👍

Yesterday, I actually considered recommending WD-40 or a silicone spray but didn’t think it would work. Glad you tried it.

Yesterday, I actually considered recommending WD-40 or a silicone spray but didn’t think it would work. Glad you tried it.

It was my last resort….😖

Might be something like the mold release agent drying during shipping and sticking the pieces together. WD-40 or alcohol might loosen it up if allowed to soak for a bit. Either avoid the snap or lessen it if you can soften the bond.