Sonos system cutting out

• 30 November 2021
  • 4 replies

We have a Sonos playbar, sub and two play:1 as surrounds and regularly when watching movies, TV or playing music using multiple streaming services the audio cuts out. Our playbar is wired directly into our router, sub and satellites are wireless. I have already submitted diagnostics, confirmation number 1209416957

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router? You could also be experiencing wireless interference:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

The wireless interference @GuitarSuperstar speaks of would only be with the SUB and the satellites, since your PLAYBAR is wired, although there’s a slight possibility of a duplicate IP address causing an issue, which would take the whole system down, since the PLAYBAR is the center of your network for Sonos. The suggested fix would work in that particular case. 

I’d also hope that you get an answer from Sonos on your diagnostic, although it’s much more likely that you should call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

What's really interesting is just to troubleshoot it myself I disabled Wi-Fi for the play bar meaning it wasn't communicating with the sub or satellites. Just watched a little bit of YouTube with only the playbar on and it still cut out. So even the hardwired playbar is having issues with audio cut out for a second or so before it comes back on. Happening constantly but unpredictably.

My IP is static even if I restart the router, has to be for my job so restarting it won't fix it any duplicate IP issues as far as I know

Based on what you say, it sounds like the interruption is from what the PLAYBAR is being fed by the TV, so I’d suggest checking the TV for software updates, and I’d still suggest that the recommendation for the various reboots is valuable, including the TV set. Reloading the operating system on all devices might be helpful, even if you’ve previously assigned reserved IP addresses for the PLAYBAR, surrounds and SUB.