Skip to main content

Hello everyone! 

Hopefully someone can help me, I have to constantly close and open the app on my iPhone to connect to my system, then once connected I can pick one song and then after that it disconnects again and I can’t pick anymore. It will then connect again after about 3-4 mins. Very very frustrating. 

Anyone have any idea’s? 

Hi there @DCooper199, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system. Does this only happen on your iPhone or have you tried it on another controller device if the issue persists? When did it start happening? Is there any error message that appears when it constantly disconnects?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above. We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon, 

It works on the tv but it’s set up via the optical cable not via the app as such. All of the phones in the house do the same with the disconnecting. 

It comes up saying unable to connect to Sonos, and asks me to troubleshoot. I have disconnected everything and put it back in set up mode and connected everything up again and still does it 😩

It asks me if I want to join a system or something on the Wi-fi so I click that and it comes up with one doesn’t exist? But then 5 mins later pops back up again 👎

Id blame it on the Wi-fi but nothing else in the house drops connection.

thanks for your reply.

Dan 

What router do you have? Have you tried rebooting your router? You can also try changing the wireless channel on your router. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4769?language=en_US

Hi @DCooper199, thanks for the update. I’d agree with@GuitarSuperstar’s advice to reboot your router and If you can provide us with the model number of your router so we can check if there’s any known issue. or check on changing the wireless channel of your router.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.