Sonos stops playing after a few songs then not visible on network

We have been experiencing a problem with the Sonos spontaneously stops working then reappearing (sometimes). After many hours of looking at routers WiFi etc etc we think we found the problem.

I have 2021 iPad Air, my partner has the older iPad we only have the issue when using my iPad iPadOS 14.4.2. No issues with older iOS 12.5.2

so before you pull your hair out with WiFi settings etc this may solve your issue.

equ- Play 5 1st generation And Connect to my amp.

Sonos - please sort thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Might be time to involve Sonos directly. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

So still working on a solution, start up the Sonos and I need to reset the app every time before it picks up the play 5.🤨

IPad OS 14.4.2 relatively old. Have you tried updating to iPadOS 14.6?

I’m running it on an older iPod Air 2, and it functions without issue with Sonos S2 OS 13.1.1

You’re right for some reason my iPad has not updated. I’ve now done the updates and while a bit better still dropping out where my partners older iPad seems more stable. Hey ho will keep going. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/bt-smart-hub-2-connection-issues-april-2021-6857959

IPad OS 14.4.2 relatively old. Have you tried updating to iPadOS 14.6?

I’m running it on an older iPod Air 2, and it functions without issue with Sonos S2 OS 13.1.1