Sonos Spotify no sound

• 22 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello

I have a issues with sonos and spotify collaboration.

Everything was okay for a year and it's broken since november last year. 

When I'm trying to play music from spotify the progress bar is runing, time is running but there is no sound and sometimes sonos is starting the last source of music for example tunein.

I was trying to reinstall spotify app and reconnect the account to sonos app but after that i just can connect to my sonos speaker, before that procedure i couldn't even  connect to my devices.

It's really annoing because i paid a lot of money for those devices and I can't connect my speaker throught the ethernet cable and even listen the spotify.

Please I need your help, thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Maybe try the connection to Spotify again in the Sonos App, as the service was offline earlier, but is showing as working again now.

https://status.sonos.com

Maybe try the connection to Spotify again in the Sonos App, as the service was offline earlier, but is showing as working again now.

https://status.sonos.com

Following your path I understand that spotify service was offline since november? Im doing that for a 3months.

My apps are connected but i have no sound when im trying to play something from spotify or it starts the last source of music

Then perhaps try removing the Spotify service, power-down the speakers and router for 30+ seconds and then power them on again in this order:

1. router

2. wired Sonos devices (if applicable)

3. wireless Sonos devices (one at a time - ensuring the device is connected before moving onto the next device).

Then reinstall the Spotify service and try again.

Then perhaps try removing the Spotify service, power-down the speakers and router for 30+ seconds and then power them on again in this order:

1. router

3. wireless Sonos devices (one at a time - ensuring the device is connected before moving onto the next device).

At this point, spotify displays the word "connecting" for a long time, after a minute the inscription goes out and the previous sound source turns on on the speaker, e.g. tunein, soundcloud

1. router

At this point, spotify displays the word "connecting" for a long time, after a minute the inscription goes out and the previous sound source turns on on the speaker, e.g. tunein, soundcloud

Yes and hopefully the power-cycling will put a stop to that happening as the device queue will be cleared too. 

1. router

Yes and hopefully the power-cycling will put a stop to that happening as the device queue will be cleared too. 

Unfortunately, your advice did not help me in any way. I have already dealt with the problem thanks to support. We spent almost an hour reconfiguring everything from scratch, but thank you very much for all your willingness to put into my problem :)