Sonos Speakers Not available in Spotify App

• 23 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Yesterday, when I logged into Spotify to play music through my Sonos, my Sonos speakers were not visible in the Spotify application. The speakers are still available in the Sonos app.

I have had some form of my Sonos system up and running for around 2 years now. Nothing has changed since the last time I used the system. Power did go out since the last time it was working (I think), but I’ve lost power in the past without issue

I’ve tried everything from unplugging the speakers, updating my phone and applications, restarting my router -- I even fully uninstalled and factory reset all of my speakers and re-connected them. They are still not visible in the Spotify app. When I uplugged my Five and my Sonos Move, they were temporarily available, but disappeared again. I’ve had no such luck with my Beam or Arc.

This is true for both my iPhone mobile Spotify app as well as my Windows10 desktop app.

The Move and Five are connected to my 5G network. The Beam and Arc are connected to my 2.4G network.

I was able to find a thread with similar problems people were having 5 years ago, but there didn’t seem to be one clear resolution, and I’m hoping to get some more up to date advice. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 replies

Diagnostic: 513006044

Have you tried uninstalling.the Spotify app and then reinstalling it?

These are the usual solutions…

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-connect/

A Sonos diagnostic is unlikely to help here, as this is a Spotify connect issue, rather than a Sonos matter, unless you are having difficulties with the devices in the Sonos App too. In which case see these articles on wireless interference:

Wireless Interference Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos

I would checkout the Spotify solutions link above, but in addition to that, check your router settings and disable things like QoS or Airtime Fairness. Also consider changing your local DNS Server to the Google public servers and I think it would help to reserve all your Sonos iP addresses in your routers DHCP reservation table. 

Then go online and login to your Spotify account and ‘sign out of all devices everywhere’, then sign back into the Spotify native App and ‘reauthorise’ the Spotify service in the Sonos App.

Also check the security/features on your mobile device is not blocking the connection, such as VPN, Firewall, Antivirus, ‘Private Address’ Mac Spoofing, WiFi calling etc.

Hope that assists you to get the matter sorted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

All my S1 speakers and my Daughters S2 are available on my Spotify Premium app.

What Wifi have you got, what router and any Mesh system?.

I'm on a Samsung S20.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

For the steps from the Spotify website, it says “make sure all devices are on the same network”. Since the Beam and Arc do not connect to 5ghz, do I need to connect my Move and 5 to the 2.4ghz and make my phone connect to the 2.4ghz version of my network as well? Like I said before, I’ve been in my current house for 6 months with no changes and I never had to do that in the past, so I’m not sure what has changed.

Aside from that question, I’ve followed every step on the website except trying a different wifi network, because i do not have a second network. I’ve also tried deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app as well as logging out of the spotify app, then logging back in, then re-authorizing within Sonos.

I do not have a mesh network, I just have a router provided by CenturyLink, my wireless company. The model is C400XG.

As for the steps with the router, they’re a little technical for me, but i’ll do some research and see if I can’t make sense of them and give it a shot.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

For the steps from the Spotify website, it says “make sure all devices are on the same network”. Since the Beam and Arc do not connect to 5ghz, do I need to connect my Move and 5 to the 2.4ghz and make my phone connect to the 2.4ghz version of my network as well? Like I said before, I’ve been in my current house for 6 months with no changes and I never had to do that in the past, so I’m not sure what has changed.

No, not usually, the 2.4Ghz band and 5Ghz band are all part of the same network subnet - although it is possible that those bands can be ‘isolated’ by a setting in the routers configuration pages. That’s is something you can perhaps go onto quickly check?