Answered

Sonos speakers connected to boost, but I still see speakers with wifi activity

• 11 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey all,

I have a pair of sonos one’s that are connected to the boost’s network. I can verify this by seeing the WM: 0 status for both in the sonos app.

I track wifi usage with my eeros set-up, however, and can still see both one’s actively downloading data from the wifi network when in use. I was under the impression they’d be off the wifi network and completely on the boost’s network. Is this normal behavior?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 June 2021, 23:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. What exactly do you mean by 'actively downloading data from the WiFi network'?

There really isn't any such thing as a 'Boost network'. The Boost is not in any sense a router. In a SonosNet setup your wireless LAN has a SonosNet segment and a Wi-Fi segment, bridged by the wired device.

I’d suspect that the “download” is actually not a download from the outside of your network, but the Sonos system connecting each speaker to each other periodically. Which most internet devices don’t do, and may be misrepresented in the eero reporting.