Question

Sonos speakers and app keep dropping out

• 27 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there, hoping someone can help.  My speakers have dropped out half a dozen times today in the middle of playing music - several times, they fell off the app entirely - and my app has also stopped working at times… in the middle of playing music, it told me it couldn’t connect.  I couldn’t raise volume or pause via the app but could do it on the speaker, itself.  I’ve unplugged the speakers, the router, the problem persists.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Michelle P.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Can you submit a diagnostic report so we can see whats going on in your network?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hello. This keeps happening with me and has been doing so for around 6 weeks. Do we know why?

Im having this same problem too. Started immediately after the last iOS update to 14.0.1. I’m hoping that the update to 14.1 or 14.2, whenever it drops, will fix this, but until then WOW is it annoying. I’ll file a diag report, but I’ve already tried all kinds of wifi/channel related troubleshooting and none of it helped. This has to in some way be related to iOS14, because it never once happened prior to that update, and then started happening quite consistently immediately after it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @alex.w.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.  I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.