Question

Sonos speaker not showing

• 12 October 2020
  • 1 reply

This is starting to get a bit tedious, especially for a 400,- costing device I just expect it to work. I have the Sonos Move now for almost two weeks. I have connected Youtube Music as a service but I can only choose what to play in the Sonos App, in the Youtube music app the speaker simply does not show.

Now for Spotify it works, in the beginning in the browser ánd the app. Now, only on the app and maybe that is a Spotify thing, I am not sure but this is getting tedious. Yes, all devices are connected to the same WiFi network, the services are authorized and work from the Sonos app. Also, the Sonos app is able to connect to the speaker so no connection issues there.

Anything I can do? I bought it so that I can play from different apps and devices (computers) across my home.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @n1987, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. Let me help you with this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Are you using an iOS or Android device? What is the model number and software version to check compatibility?
2. Are other devices able to connect to your speaker via YouTube app to know if other controllers able to play?
3. How do you play music from the YouTube app?

To further assist you, submit a diagnostic and reply to us with the confirmation number for us to check.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.