Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos skips tracks and loses connection to Spotify account

• 22 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Dear Sonos team,

I have a 2x play 1 , 1x play 5 and these are connected via a bridge. Since a couple of weeks,  the Sonos app losses the connection to my Spotify account but I can always play Spotify via Spotify direct connection but in the app itself it seems like Sonos has lost the complete connection to my account incl. All tune  in radio stations and everything connected to the account. Sometimes it just takes a while and then it works .. 

Also, often Spotify tracks are jumped over when I have opened the album in the Sonos app.. 

I have done all the tips , from changing the channel, over restarting router but it came out the same. I even reconnected the account to the Sonos system .. 

Can you please help me ? 

Best regards, 

Simon 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Gold69.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

So, I have tried to submit a diagnosis file from my mobile app. That did not work since it tried to send but aborted the transfer after several minutes of trying. 

The mobile app from another phone did work. The number is 1432857892. 

It was interesting to see that, parallel on both phones different boxes were found. The two play ones we have were found by the one phone , while the play 5 was found on the other phones app. Therefore we have checked the system into and we had different ip addresses , were using a different Sonos channel but both had the bridge connected. .. 

Unfortunately, we thought it would be a good idea to change on the same channel , since then , nothing works anymore properly. Tracks are more skipped and not even the direct contact to Spotify works anymore.. 

At the very least, while you wait on a response from Sonos, I would recommend retiring your BRIDGE. At their current age, they are known to have fluctuating power supplies that can cause odd and difficult to track down symptoms in your Sonos system. Instead, wire your Ethernet cable directly to one of your speakers, or replace the BRIDGE with the newer and more robust BOOST. 

I would see if that makes a difference, and if it doesn’t, then submit another diagnostic for Sonos to look at, since your network will have changed. 

Thanks,  I will try that in the meantime 

That tip worked amazingly good. Since the bridge is out of the system, we do not have any problems anymore . Thanks!