Question

Sonos S2 update causing problems

• 10 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Purchased new Sonos products throughout the house in 2019. I’ve been using the Sonos S1 app very successfully and without any issues for over a year  App is on all our Apple devices And devices in most rooms. 

ever since the Sonos has to update To S2 none of the existing S1 apps work. None of the devices will connect even though everything else is working. All iPhones and iPads have the same issue  get all the way to the point of choosing music. Then when you press play  says “connection lost”   But the connection is fine to my music services up until you hit play  

Uninstalled and reinstalled S1 app  same problem  

installed the S2 app. Same problem 

please help 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AndyDam.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I just want to verify first if your speakers are S1 products and S2 products.

Since older speakers are not compatible anymore to S2 app.

To know more about this click here. 

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @Mark P 

ty for the quick response. Actually I’m more concerned about the S1 app working as it always was. Clearly all my Sonos products work with that as it as been for well over a year.

so the main question is, how do I get the S1 app to continue working?

thanks

andy

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AndyDam.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Since you're having an issue with S1 can you please submit a diagnostic report under the S1 application for me to see what's causing your speaker not to work properly for S1 speakers?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

@Mark P 

hi Mark

I have submitted the diagnostics (took a bit, the video you showed in the link was not the same as how it actually worked on my S1 app). While your team looks at my diagnostics data (confirmation code 456865215) I still don’t understand something

Again I have been using the S1 app for some time, with these products. All worked great. Then all of a sudden (I think after an update to the app, not sure) they stopped working. And my app now tells me 3 of the products are not compatible with S2.  But, I don’t want to use S2, I want to continue using S1 for now and have all my product and my entire house working.

So why is something that was working fine, no longer working.  I still have the same issue where my S1 app recognizes all my Sonos devices. And I go to choose a room to play in (room doesn’t matter, always the same error) and when I find something to play I get the error

“An error occurred while trying to adding tracks to the Queue (1002)”.  This happens no matter what services I use, Apple Music, Pandora etc.  And, yes, I can connect to those services directly outside of Sonos.

I’ve been unable to use Sonos for well over a month now, truly appreciate any help or insight to fix this you could give me

Thanks

Andy

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AndyDam.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

For error 1002 you can check this link.

Here's where we at right now Sonos created a condition that older Sonos devices are only going to work to S1 application.

Base on your reply 3 of your speakers are “Generation 1” while the remaining of your speakers are “Gen 2”

Gen 1 and Gen 2 speakers cannot combine into one application anymore.

Sonos created S1 application for Gen1 speakers, and S2 application is for Gen 2 speakers.

Might as well read back this article it will answer all of your questions about S1 application and S2 app.

Set up separate S1 and S2 Sonos systems