Skip to main content

Hi all,

Recently updated to S2 as the S1 app would crash each time I searched for radio (thinking was intentional...).

On S1 my Sonos Play:1 and Sonos SL were all working just fine.  With the upgrade to S2 the SL speakers keep coming and going from the app(s).

However, as of so far today, the SL speakers are showing on the Android S2 app.  The S2 app on my Windows 7 desktop though…  No SL speakers show up.  I’ve tried restarting the app, resetting the controller, verifying the firewall, and cycling the router all to no avail.

Any ideas? 

UPDATE:  It actually doesn’t work at all.

Despite the SL speakers showing on the Android app, when I attempt to play something I get a “cannot connect”.  Did a system reset on the SL speaker itself, had the app set it back up, a popup came on “may not show in System, if so unplug speaker and back in”…  And nothing.

The SL speaker is no longer even showing in the Android app now.

Hi @kkthxby3, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos Community. We appreciate for letting us know about your concern. Your feedback is important to us.

We received reports that a higher version of Android (10 and up) devices experiencing the Sonos app crashing issue. We do apologize for the inconvenience. We are continuously working to improve the functionality of this feature and still waiting for an update from our engineers for the development. We don’t have exact timing to share at this point and the issue will be addressed via a future software update. We will update this thread when we do.

In the meantime, you can do the following options:
1. Use an iOS controller to perform the desired action - if available.
2. Browse or Search for the respective content without using either the "Podcasts & Shows" or "Stations" filter.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Hi @Rowena B.,

Thank you for the response.  The issue isn’t with the app crashing since updating to S2. 

I have 3 Play:1 and 2 SL.  Since upgrading to S2 the SL speakers do NOT work.  

SetUp
I’ve tried setting up multiple times, including speaker resets AND a hard ethernet setup.  

During setup it will find the SL speaker then either act like it can’t complete setup OR will complete setup but then indicate to unplug the speaker for it show up…  In both cases, the SL speaker(s) will sometimes show in the app but most times do not show.

Attempting Use
When the SL speakers do randomly show up in the app (which is not often at all) and I attempt to play something I get a “cannot connect” message. 

Latest Update
There was an update released for the app and system today.  I did the update hoping it would resolve issue…  It does not.  In fact, because the SL speakers were missing from the system during the update, the SetUp phase will go as it does, and then when the SL speaker randomally shows it indicates a need for an update…  Attempting to update the speaker results in a 1002 Error Code.

I submitted a diagnostics from the app:  2051384795

Hi @kkthxby3, thank you for your response and for clarifying your concern with your Sonos system. Let me help you out with this.

Upon checking the diagnostic report that you provided, your Sonos system detected out of sync with your network, some rooms are not showing in the report. Error 1002 occurs when one or more Sonos products fail to complete the update process.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps, to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection. 

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

If you’re still experiencing the same issue, please wire one of your speakers to your router and try updating your Sonos again. Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit another diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response. We’ll wait for your reply.

Hi @Rowena B. ,

Tried the steps above and no luck.

After the network system reset and restarting Sonos products the SL did not connect via Wifi. 

Since the latest upgrade the SL during setup claims “incorrect wifi password” which I believe might be due to the system upgrade that wasn’t applied to the SL.

With that, I did an ethernet hookup…  S2 app tries wifi then finally gives the ethernet option.  Setup completes with ethernet but then says to “Sonos One SL has been added, but may not appear in the system tab, If so, unplug the power and corg and plug it back in...”.  It does not show in app.

After power cycling the SL, still hooked up to the ethernet, the app prompts to complete set up -> “Not registered”.  During this phase it just fails, then fails again.

Another interesting note, despite the SL being attached via ethernet I CANNOT disable the wifi in the system tab.Connection → “Disable Wifi” …  When I attempt to disable wifi I get a popup to “Make sure this product is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable.”

Diagnostics in chronological order:

Hi @kkthxby3, thank you for your response and for providing diagnostic reports for us to check.

Based on the report, there's interference in your wireless network that is caused by wireless congestion, and an audio playback failure was detected in your Sonos system the audio feed is too slow. 

We really appreciate the time and effort in resolving this issue and It would be best to contact our Sonos Customer Care support team to remotely access your device and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Our phone support can perform real-time troubleshooting using their tools to address the issue. If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.