Skip to main content

It says “Sorry, we can’t connect to Sonos.  Let’s try some things: ...”

It was working fine on this PC untill I switched from the ATT Wifi to an Orbi wifi.  Like I said in the title, our phones still work fine, and they’re on the same wifi as the PC.  All my speakers appear fine for the phone S1 app.

I tried resetting the PC S1 app -- no difference.  It searches for about a minute, and says it’s connected, but then after I click OK, it says “Sorry, we can’t connect to Sonos.  Let’s try some things: ...”

PC Wifi is is set up as a Private Network and is not set up as a Mobile Hotspot (no Internet connection sharing). Setting it to a Public Network did not help.

I tried putting a cat 6 from the PC to my Sonos Boost, and the Internet still works from the PC, but no change to the S1 app on the PC failing to connect to my Sonos system.

Diagnostic report: 1543599904

Hi @pkboucher 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please double-check that your PC has an IP address that starts “10.0.0.” - if it does not, then you have 2 DHCP servers on your network, and that needs to be resolved.

More likely, however, is that firewall software is getting in the way - please temporarily disable this to verify.

If that still doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them investigate more effectively.

I hope this helps.

Yes. This fixed it for me:  

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3554?language=en_US