Answered

Sonos Roam red light when charging and no response.

• 16 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I bought a Roam on release and used it a bit but as it's mainly for holiday it's been sat doing nothing for quite a while.

On holiday now after leaving it to charge overnight and it's completely dead. Just noticed it's not showing in the Sonos app and I've tried various chargers and all it does is show a red light when plugged in. Nothing happens when I hold power button or try to factory reset.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 July 2021, 14:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What kind of charger are you using, in terms of voltage and amperage? Is it Qi enabled, or are you plugging it directly in the USB C port?

Userlevel 7

Is it a flashing red light, solid orange light, or flashing orange light?

Badge +3

What kind of charger are you using, in terms of voltage and amperage? Is it Qi enabled, or are you plugging it directly in the USB C port?

First few days just charging with supplied cable and a decent fast charging Anker wall plug as well as an Anker Qi charger and everything was fine for the first couple of weeks.

Is it a flashing red light, solid orange light, or flashing orange light?

Solid red but I did notice last night it was flashing red for a bit.

Userlevel 7

If the battery light is flashing red, the Roam is experiencing a fault condition. You should contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US