Answered

Sonos products inconsistently showing up in app or airplay

• 18 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a Amp connected to ethernet and and Sonos One connected in another room and was able to get them both showing up in app for a period. I had some issues and reset the amp twice but have an issue now where I can see the amp only on my laptop and the One on my other devices. I can’t seem to get them both to appear together and can’t see them on the same device ever. I have one wifi network and they’re all connected to the same network, the sonos both work as expected with the light indicators (solid white). 

Any ideas whats going on? I should be able to see the system even if someone else is playing music on them, correct? So it’s not an issue of having someone playing music I would assume. 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by buzz 18 March 2021, 07:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you Factory Reset AMP, it could have been reinstalled as a separate household. We don’t recommend Factory Reset as a generalized problem solver because it rarely fixes fundamental issues and it can result in the issue that you are experiencing. Reboot (simply removing power for a short while) is OK.

Go to Settings → System → About My System and check the Sonos ID for each unit. These should all be the same.