Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Port won't group with the rest of speakers.

• 20 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I have around 10 Sonos speakers around the house. All of them work with out any issues (leaving aside the new app issues). I have a Sonos Port that I use with a garden speaker system. If I want to group the Port to the rest of the speakers I get an error "unable to connect. Please try again later". If I connect to the Port alone it works fine. 

I have tried the usual, reinstall app, delete cache and storage, etc etc. Any ideas what could I try? Is this releated to the new App disaster?

By the way, three days ago I was FORCED to update to the new app. I've been using 16.1 till now.

Thanks everyone for the help on this.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Matheoux , thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear of the issues with grouping your Port. I had a look at your account and found a recent diagnostic report which showed a different software version on the Port compared to the rest of the system. If you are still experiencing issue could you please open the Sonos App and tap on the gear icon (top right corner) to get to Settings > Manage > System Updates > Check for Updates. Please let me know how you get on.