Answered

Sonos Port

• 24 August 2023
  • 2 replies

So I understand the Sonos port will allow me to stream music not only thru my sonos speakers but also to my home theater speakers via A/V receiver.  Does the port resolve/eliminate connectivity issues?  I frequently have to unplug a speaker that’s not responding so that it can reconnect.  I do have one speaker that’s hardwired via ethernet to my router but still have connectivity issues...I currently have 12 speakers thru various rooms in my home.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 August 2023, 03:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sounds more like you have network issues, specifically wifi interference affecting the SonosNet signal you’re using as you have one device wired. Have you submitted a diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing the issue, and contacted Sonos about it?

The Port would not change your connectivity issues, but would allow you to feed the Sonos signal to your receiver, although it is a stereo device. 

Thanks Bruce...your response made me look into wifi interference and I changed the SonosNet channel...so far all speakers kicked right in even when changing music sources.