Answered

Sonos playbase droppint audio from vinyl

• 27 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos play base + 2 play 1s under one room, and then a separate set of move speakers. I have a project audio turntable that is connected to a Sonos port to stream vinyl. 

Recently I have been experiencing significant cutout issues with the playbase. The audio will drop for up to 10 seconds before resuming. If I am streaming to both the play base and the move speakers, the audio only cuts out on the play base, so I know it’s not the port causing the issue. But it is making listening to records impossible. 

has anyone experienced this? The device is about 6 years old so I’m unsure if it’s reached end of life, but I experience zero Audio issues when watching Apple TV with it. 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 27 December 2023, 07:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could check for WiFi issues (it has the oldest radio) and if that doesn’t solve things wait for the glitch, submit a diagnostic and call Sonos support with the number it gives you.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/improve-your-sonos-products-wifi-connection

Shouldn’t be too old, others here are not reporting issues.