Answered

SONOS Play 5 Wireless issue

• 13 May 2021
  • 6 replies

I have SONOS play 5 and all of a sudden it  stopped working when i try connecting it through SONOS app.

I tried following:

• restarted  SONOS
  • Restarted Mobile
  • Restarted router
  • Tried different mobile phone
  • Reset the SONOS play 5 and tried reconfiguring it on 2 different router

Finally i connected the SONOS through ethernet cable to my router and i could configure it, but the moment i unplug the ethernet cable it stops working.

This seems to be issue with its wireless card where it unable to connect with wifi router.

What is the solution for this problem now? Please help.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 14 May 2021, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Submit a diagnostic, write down the number it gives you and call Sonos. You may well have a radio card failure and need to work out a replacement and the phone works best for that.

You could post the number here for the Sonos folks to look at and confirm it is a card issue if the phone option is difficult for you.

You should submit that diagnostic while the PLAY:5 is connected via an Ethernet cable. Unless the Sonos is showing in the controller, there will be zero data about it in the diagnostic. 

our confirmation number is: 462498431.

I have submitted the diagnostics

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for sending that diagnostic through @desaidhawal, unfortunately it came through corrupted so I wasn’t able to get any usable data. Mind performing a reboot on your router (turning it off for about 15 seconds before turning back on), and then trying once more?

Confirmation number is 1800649211

Generated the diagnostics again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Many thanks for that @desaidhawal, as you’ve guessed the Play:5 has indeed developed an issue with its wireless card.

I’d recommend getting in touch with our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, and they’ll be able to look in to replacement options with you :)