Sonos One Stereo Pair keeps disappearing completely until I powercycle

• 7 September 2022
  • 3 replies

It seems to be an airplay related issue.

If I airplay to the pair, they will sometimes just disappear. From the sonos app, from the list of airplay audio sinks - just gone.

All my sonos products are wired: My Beam, both Ones - the Beam hasn’t had a single issue. The Pair of ones just sporadically decides that they’ve done their duty and patiently wait for me to crawl behind the cabinet to powercycle them. Without intervention, they reappear after about 5 minutes as unconfigured (?+R). If I wait for another ~10-20 minutes, they are back to normal.

I have looked at the support info on port 1400. Interestingly, the left One is completely unresponsive: pings time out, it’s naturally gone from the connection matrix. Any ideas what this could be? The logs say nothing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If the Ones are wired, and the left one goes missing -- which could well take out the pair -- have you tried resocketing the Ethernet cables at both ends, or even using alternative cables?

No, this is not a normal situation.   I would try the easy solution first and disconnect the two Ones from the wired connection to the router/switch.  They will then be connected to your network using Sonosnet and the Beam’s wired connection.  

What are the players wired to? And is the radio (‘WiFi’) disabled in any of them?