Skip to main content

I have 4 Sonos ones and a play 3. The last of the Sonos ones I purchased recently was very  difficult to connect to my system, ( I had to use Ethernet cable to speaker). Over the last few days this latest speaker keeps disappearing off the controller app. I have to unplug it and plug it back in again for it to reappear in my system. Even though it is not visible in the app, it is still playing the music that was last selected. What can I do next.

Check if you have wifi interfernce: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

Also, refresh your system:

1: Unplug Sonos units from power

2: Restart your router

3: Wait until the router is fully back running, then power up your Sonos units

If the system refresh solves the issue, I recommend to assign fixed IP-addresses in the router’s DHCP table.

If you keep the speaker wired by ethernet cable, check that all speakers show as WM:0 in  the app: “System” → “About my system”, so your system will run on SonosNet which tend to be more stable than wifi setup:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

Thanks, I’ll try that. All speakers are connected by WiFi, I just had to connect my latest Sonos one by cable first to get it recognised. I also have a Sonos boost in the system, don’t know if that might be causing an issue. 

Tried switching all Sonos units off and rebooted the router. Seems to be working ok now. Not quite sure what caused the problem though.

Often the cause can be duplicate IP-addresses handed out by the router. 
To avoid that from happening in the future, assign fixed IP-addresses as mentioned in my previous reply. 
There is a very good explanation and guidance written by @UKMedia 

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/tips-tricks-resolving-random-issues-impacting-sonos-devices-6845346

Still got problem. I assigned fixed IP addresses to my 5 Sonos speakers and Sonos boost, turned router off, turned all Sonos units off, rebooted router, restarted all Sonos units. All worked well for a couple of days, then while listening to a playlist, I tried to skip a couple of tracks I lost connection and could not reconnect. I went through the same procedure of switching off router and speakers, and everything started working again. The next day when I tried to listen to radio on Sonos I could only see 2 out of 5 speakers. I tried switching one of the speakers that weren’t showing off and back on. All speakers then showed back up in the app. Again I thought everything was fixed. No. Tried to listen to Sonos the following day, and again only 2 out of 5 speakers are showing in the app. ( if I look in the settings menu it shows I have 5 speakers and a Sonos boost).

update - just tried switching one of the speakers that are not showing in app off and back on again. Still only 2 out of my 5 speakers showing again. (Looked in settings and this time only 2 speakers and boost showing).

You have marked your own comment as the answer - what did the trick?

Please post the solution in this thread to help other users with a similar problem.

Didn’t mean to mark that as the answer. The problem still exists :slight_frown: ​​​​​​.

You mentioned earlier that all speakers connect via wifi - it is not clear if you mean your wifi network or SonosNet. As recommended before, check in your app that all speakers show as WM:0 to ensure they all connect via SonosNet (your Boost), with only the Boost wired.

Remove wifi credentials (if any) from the app https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3488?language=en_US

If you use a mesh network, wire the Boost to the primary mesh node, and ensure that DHCP/router function is only enabled in either the router or in the mesh - not in both.

If nothing of this helps you can submit a diagnostic, post the number here and wait for a Sonos employee to reply, or you can call Sonos Support with the number.

Please mark the correct answer and/or post the solution in this thread to help other users with a similar problem.

I just assumed even with a boost in the system it worked via WiFi. I have looked in settings and the 4 Sonos ones and the boost are WM:0, but the Play 3 is WM:0 and OTP. Another strange thing is when I have looked this morning my iPhone is showing all 5 speakers, but my iPad is only showing 2. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPad, but it only shows 2 of my speakers. I have also looked in network settings and deleted references to my Sky WiFi.

Your speakers work in SonosNet created by your wired Boost, a separate wifi for Sonos only, and WM:0 for all speakers confirms this. If they were on your Sky wifi it would show WM:1 https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3237?language=en_US

OTP means nothing, so don’t worry about that.

Did you try another system refresh as described in my first reply, after you deleted the Sky wifi settings from the app?

Also, do a restart of your Ipad and Iphone after the system refresh.

Then try the different channels (1,6,11) for SonosNet, which must be different from your Sky wifi channel https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219?language=en_US

As said, you can submit a diagnostic if nothing of this helps.

Please mark the correct answer and/or post the solution in this thread to help other users with a similar problem.

One more thing: Under each speaker in the settings menu there is an option to “Disable WI-FI” or to “Enable WI-FI”. Do NOT disable wifi here, as this will disable the speaker’s radio, which is needed to communicate on SonosNet. I just mention this in case you should stumble over that setting, which Sonos has given a somewhat misleading titel.

Thank you, I’ll try as you suggest and reply later.

I’ve tried all of the above, but when I tried to use the speakers this morning only 2 of the 5 are visible in the app. I have submitted a diagnostic code, - 577254606. I would really appreciate some help to try and rectify my problem. I can’t believe it can be this difficult to listen to some music. 

What do I need to do to get more advice as to how to make Sonos speakers work?🙁