Sonos one dropping from app

• 14 November 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

My Sonos has taken to dropping off the system - the useless support page tells me to connect through Ethernet (which is awkward) so I do that, and it recognises the speaker until I stop using Sonos.  Next time I open Sonos, the speaker has gone again.  Wifi is strong, Playbar and Connect are working.  What’s going on?!

Also what has happened to Sonos support - used to be able to email them - now it’s just Monday to Friday - not very tech support..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You’ve likely got an issue with duplicate IP addresses being handed out by your router.

Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. When the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in. 

Many thanks - I’ll give it a go...

Another thing is you may be experiencing WiFi interference even though your signal is strong

Have you set your internet router 2.4GHZ channels to manual and tried 1, 6 or 11 to see if this resolves your issue.

if you search ‘WiFi interference’ in the help sections there are detailed instructions including a Sonos video on how to make these adjustments.

Hope this helps

Thanks!