Sonos One dead (cannot power up).

• 5 October 2020
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 4 replies

i just had one of my Sonos One, less than 2 years old, die on me over the weekend. it doesn’t power up at all. it’s not the power cable as the cable works with another unit i have.

what should i do?

and fortunate / unfortunate timing, as i was looking to buy a few more units - need to relook options.

Paul A 3 years ago

Hi @RF7.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand the situation you’re in. Having a device that suddenly not work and not power on is not a good experience to have. Let us help you out.

As what @Airgetlam has mentioned, It is in your best interest to call our technical support team to conduct a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement. I would also like to suggest the following basic troubleshooting step that might help out.

• Can we unplug the power cord from the power outlet and from the Sonos One and plug it back after 10-15 seconds. We just want to make sure everything fits snuggly.
  • If the Sonos One is plugged into a power strip and not a power outlet, can we bypass the power strip and plug it into a power outlet and check if the Sonos One would get any light indications at all?
  • If the Sonos One is plugged into a power outlet, can we check by either plugging another device (that works) on the same power outlet that the Sonos One is plugged into to make sure that there is power supplied on that power outlet?
  • Can we try also plugging the One into a different power outlet and check if we have any improvements?

If after following the above recommendations and still we have no signs of activity on the Sonos One, I would then try contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

76 replies

My Sonos Play 1 died about 3mos ago. Wont power up. The product looks and feels strong and robust, but clearly from my own experience, and from those on this thread...NOT.

Yeah, but in the completely opposite vein my Play:1 from 2016 is still working just fine here - like all electrical goods it’s ‘swings & roundabouts’. The answer is to maybe extend the device warranty beyond that given by a manufacturer.

Electronic device failure 3 years old (or less), but outside their ‘free’ warranty period can happen to any manufacturer - it’s really a case of c'est la vie.