Skip to main content

Sonos One Constantly dropping from system and sound drops too

• 7 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a sonos ZP and a Player 5 (1st Gen) in one room connected to a TP-Link router. In another room I have a Sonos One connected to a second TP Link router. Both routers are connected via ethernet and the one in the Sonos One room serves as an Access Point with no DHCP.  The issue is that the Sonos One keeps disappearing from the system. I have ‘cold’ reset it many times, but it keeps dropping out. The second issue is that whenever I play audio it keeps dropping in and out. Especially when I group all the speakers through the Sonos One. I recently gave it a static IP and it seems to have helped some with the first issue, but the second issue persists. 

I just submitted a diagnostics report #1031527086

Hopefully someone can help since I am loosing my sanity over this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Another possibiity could be to cable connect one of your devices to the TP Link that works as a router, thereby getting all speakers off your wifi and on to Sonosnet. 

Thanks. The ZP90 is connected via Ethernet to the main router.  I read in some other part of this forum that it could be an issue with all TP-Link routers, but that just sounds a little absurd.