Skip to main content

Sonos will play music from my Synology NAS upnp - so works with upnp

Sonos will not play music stored on my Innuos Zen Mini MK3 upnp. Essentially a NAS also upnp. 

Naim QB and Naim NAC-N-272 will both play music from Zen Mini upnp.

Even my Samsung TV plays music from the Zen. 

All on same network.

Sonos sees the Zen library. Will let me scroll through the library but there’s no play option when you click on a track. 

Sonos, can you ask Innous to borrow some of their products and address whatever your integration  issues are. It’s you or Innuos and I will keep the Zen. 

Hi @Normsbigwindow, welcome to the community.

When you say that Sonos can see the Zen library, are you talking about being able to see the tracks in the Sonos app? If so, I’m not really sure how you wouldn’t have an option to play them. Could you take a screenshot of the issue you’re facing?

Hi James, 

thank you for the reply. I tried the same track from my zen and then Synology NAS. I’ve screen shot both. 

when I tap on the track on my nas library it just plays. 

when I tap on the track on the zen (which I think is using Asset upnp  https://dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm  I get a sub menu and no response. 

it’s like the file data on the zen is visible to Sonos but the control plane doesn’t interact, if you follow me. 

That certainly is strange. I’m not familiar with the Zen Mini MK3, but I have seen similar context menu pop-ups on other services in the past; though it’s usually music streaming services. The typical remedy for this is a full system (Sonos, source, network) reboot. If that doesn’t make a difference or improve anything please let us know.

Hi James, 

I will try that. I will also try installing Asset upnp on my Mac and see if I can stream music from it to Sonos. 

If I can, then it suggests the issues is not Asset but something else like SMB version possibly. 

If I cannot, it will prove an Asset Sonos integration issue. 

will also do a complete reboot. BTW, what is the easiest way to reset the Sonos system across 4 devices? Like factory reset? As I might try that on the Sonos system as well. 

Thanks