Answered

sonos not playing any other countries radio stations.

• 28 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

Can anyone help.

Recently we haven't been able to get any other countries radio stations to play through the tune in app or also through the Sonos radio app. 

I can only get it to play UK stations which is really annoying as we love to listen to quite a few Dutch and Belgium radio stations as my husband used to live in Holland and likes to keep his Dutch up.

Anyone else having this issue and did you manage to solve it?

icon

Best answer by John B 28 September 2020, 11:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/tunein-blocking-foreign-radio-stations-in-the-uk-master-thread-6848128?postid=16472504#post16472504

Thank you so much have added the radio tuner app and am now getting our fav radio back 

Happy monday

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rhian.kerry.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to have all radio stations available on your Sonos system and we’re here to help out.

I’m glad that everything worked out and is now fully working thanks to @John B’s spot-on recommendation. I do hope you continue to enjoy and love your Sonos.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Why does Sonos Radio seem so flaky?  If I browse then select stations some play, some do not. A case in point is Smooth Jazz Florida, which appears to be available and allows selection but will not play when the start button is pressed. If this is part of the blocking of non-UK stations issue then why are stations that now cannot be accessed still listed by Sonos.  Also, why is it so difficult to find a radio station - could they not be listed in some logical sequence (alphabetical would be good). 

Any comments?