Answered

SONOS Not connected

• 15 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We have approx. 20 sonos ports installed at one of our site. facing issue with the sonos ports gets unconnected as you can see in the attached picture.

all sonos are wired. some of the other areas also sometimes behaves same like shows not connected.

Please advise.

Here is diagnostic number 1399916880.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 June 2023, 19:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No picture is attached - are the Ports actually dropping their IP address, or is it perhaps an SSDP multicast ‘discovery’ issue involving the Sonos App? If it’s the latter, I would check the controller device for software that maybe intermittently blocking the ‘device discovery’ eg. Firewall, VPN, security software etc. 

Actually i am unable to find the root cause.

I have checked, no firewall is activated on the network.

no VPN etc.

I have checked, no firewall is activated on the network.

no VPN etc.

So is the ‘non-discovered’ Port shown in the App screenshot, actually connected to the local router, or not? Has an IP address been assigned, can it be ‘pinged’ across the network? I would check that because if it is connected, then it’s likely a ‘discovery issue’ by the controller device. 

A Sonos controller uses SSDP (Part of the UPnP protocol) to initially discover the players, multicasting via UDP to 239.255.255.250:1900 and, for good measure, broadcasting to 255.255.255.255:1900. 

Thereafter communication is unicast. 

So it’s useful for you to establish if the customers Port is actually connected to the LAN, or not. I would also go onto try another controller device, if one is available.