Question

Sonos Move keep Offline.

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I have an extensive Sonos system at home, including 1 Sonos Move. The system works fine, I’m using Smartthings Mesh network and also wired sonos products.

Since couple of weeks, Sonos Move is showing offline, and I’ve tried all the troubleshooting solutions provided in the support sections, including: Reset, all system reboot, router and mesh reboot, tried even the whole house electricity shutdown… Still the Sonos Move won’t work.

Meanwhile 3x Arc+Sub+Surrounds, 1 amp, 2x Sonos Five are all working fine.

I’ve noticed that the Sonos Move won’t switch even to bluetooth after reset.

I’m getting really pissed and angry by this issue.

Any serious and working solution to solve this issue? 

Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Tarik_1982.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that it can be quite frustrating and exhausting to be able to know what is causing the issue and why a particular device would not work but the rest works perfectly. Let me help you with that.

I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer of the mesh system so that the mesh system can be configured in bridge mode or access point mode or which option best fits your preference. The rest of the Sonos devices works since there is a wired Sonos device to the router and the rest connects through the Sonos net Mesh system which currently the Sonos Move does not. That is why the Sonos Move is the only Sonos device not showing online as it is not connected via the Sonos Net mesh system. Here are some guides to better understand and know what and how to fix this issue.

• Have each access point have their own unique Wifi name as so you and your mobile controller do not get confused about what and where to connect to access your Sonos system.
  • Disable Wifi Capabilities of the Main router that provides connection directly to your ISP or internet provider.
  • Disable the DHCP or IP-address generation of the Access point and only allow the main router to generate the IP-addresses to avoid IP-address mismatch or IP-address duplicates.
  • Wire a Sonos device to one of the routers/access points to get them to stay on a single network (having each access point have their own unique WiFi names).

Let me share with you a topic on this community that discusses multiple routers. You can share and ask questions or comments on that topic if something is not clear. 

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,