Answered

Sonos Move flashing red / fault battery light and battery never moving beyond 0%.

• 28 September 2020
  • 10 replies

I have had my move for over six months and today for the first time attempted to use it while out of its cradle. I was shocked to find it at zero percent. Hours later, and with the app showing it is charging but still at 0%, I also noted the flashing red lights. I have sent in diagnostics and read all the other topics related to this. It is a weekend evening so I won’t be able to call until daytime tomorrow. What to do?  Diagnostic confirmation number is 1770445785

icon

Best answer by robertjosephdaly 29 September 2020, 22:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @robertjosephdaly.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for submitting a doagnostic. I understand the situation and would like to help you out.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps since based on the diagnostic the Sonos Move has 0% battery and does not indicate any battery fault error.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on it’s charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app appears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let us know how it goes.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thank you, Paul, but I was apparently not clear. The battery “fault” does appear. All leds blinking red. At the same time, the app shows that the move is charging though it never gets above “0%”. Meanwhile, the move works and plays great sound as long as it remains in the cradle. Based on that “fault” is appearing, do you have any other guidance? Thank, Rob.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @robertjosephdaly.

Thanks for the immediate response and feedback.

I would like to recommend submitting a diagnostic and contact our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi Paul -

I already have done both! That is how I got here and started this issue. Frankly, when things go wrong with Sonos, like this site, things go terribly wrong. Please don't give me a link that I have already visited. I have been patient with his, and I see the volume of people who have similar though different issues related to the Move., Someone has to own this.

If we can’t get this resolved over email, please have someone text me when I can call them or when they can call me.

*Moderator Note: Please censor personal information when posting.*

I just redid diagnostics. 

This time my confirmation number is: 1963589271.

I’m also submitting this screenshoit. The only interesting thing her is that the Move shopws that it is charging but it never budges from 0%.  I have also tried using the USB-C connection and that, too, results in 0% even after a day.

I chatted with Andrea in support and she is processing a replacement Move for me. We can close this top, Paul. I now realize you are likely not in the support group, but rather a community leader. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. - Rob

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @robertjosephdaly.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad everything is all good now. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have any further issues or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

How often will I expect to replace the battery of the SONOS MOVE, and how much will it cost?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @BWS.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you are looking for answers regarding your Sonos Move. Let me help you out.

Currently, We do not have yet any batteries available for sale on our website. Based on the Sonos Move’s specifications, limitations, functionalities, and guidelines’ FAQ the Sonos Move’s battery should last for last about three years or 900 charges. Our recommendation if you are experiencing any issues with the battery of your Sonos Move is to contact our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Ok, I’m a little concerned that it will only last for three years without any idea of the cost to replace the battery at that time. I may be returning it for that reason. Thank you.