Answered

Sonos Mac - stuck at Updating controller:Installing

• 23 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Sonos (on my Mac desktop and my iPhone and iPad) have lost the connection to speaker and wants me to reconnect…

So, on my Mac (running 10.x), it wants me to update to 11.0, which I let it do. But it is stuck (for 3 hours now) on Updating controller: Installing - the progress bar shows 100% (see screenshot). I have tried Force Quit the app, and starting again and I have rebooted my system , but I get the exact same problem.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 March 2020, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Perhaps try uninstalling the App completely, then reinstall from the link below and on opening, choose to connect to the existing system.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support

Thanks. I have deleted and reinstalled Sonos controllerand all is now ok.

Likewise - it worked for me too.

Many thanks 

I have the same problem, but the uninstall sonos is greyed out so not sure what to do now?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Marie W, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I’d be happy to help you all here and it would be best for those having trouble submitting a diagnostic report of your computer for better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help. 

I have the same issue with getting stuck on the “Updating controller: installing”

I can’t submit a diagnostic report because it’s greyed out.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

(Catalina 10.15.6)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JJIIKK,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate for bringing your concern to us and letting us know about it. Let me help you figure out what's happening.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Sonos app on your Mac?

Perhaps try uninstalling the App completely, then reinstall from the link below and on opening, choose to connect to the existing system.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support

If you have done this already and the diagnostic report still greyed out, I recommend contacting our phone support team to help you out. Our phone support has the tools to check and to remotely access your device to see what's going on in your system.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns.