Skip to main content

Using a new wifi network (xfinity) on my 12 speaker sonos system.  Having sonos system drop out issues.  Took recommendations from previous conversations, and removed the boost, and hard wired internet connection between Sonos1 SL (or any speaker), and Main Google Mesh pod that is near xfinity router.  If I remove the Google Mesh, it’s somewhat stable. But I need the mesh for maintaining strength of signal throughout the house.  Kept having drop out problems with Google mesh attached.  On the Xfinity app, I was able to separate the 2.4GHz channel and 5Ghz channel into two separate wifi systems with different names, selectable from smart devices.  Selected the 2.4Ghz channel, and SYSTEM IS STABLE after a couple of hours.  Selected the 5Ghz wifi network and as expected dropped out.  Switched back to 2.4Ghz network and all seems to be FINE!

Hi @SWGEO 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

...internet connection between Sonos1 SL (or any speaker), and Main Google Mesh pod that is near xfinity router.

The word “near” concerns me here. The wired Sonos device, the router and the main mesh node should all be at least 1m away from each other. If they are not, interference is pretty much guaranteed to be an issue.

If you had to move the One Sl to connect it to ethernet, I recommend you bring the Boost back into play - the One SL won’t perform any better in this regard. If you did not have to move it, however, it’s probably best not to have yet another device in that area - keep the Boost off.

Unfortunately, Google Meshes can be awkward to work with alongside another router - most meshes allow themselves to be put into Bridge/AP mode, which prevents the presence of two routers on the network, but Google does not (unless they’ve changed the software since I last had to deal with one). You may need to remove the xFinity router altogether and just allow the Google mesh to run the network, though it’s hard to say without knowing more about your network.

I hope this helps, though I am still wondering if you were actually asking for help or not. You may find my article of use: