Skip to main content

Every time I open Sonos it fails to find one or more of my 3 connect amps. Sometimes they are there and then disappear. I have

1 Play1 on Wi Fi

3 Play 3 wired

3 Connect Amps wired

and 1 bridge.

Hi.  The first thing to try is to power off the Bridge and remove it from your system.  Bridges are old tech are becoming unreliable as they age.  As you have other components wired, the best the Bridge can be is completely useless, at worst it may be disruptive.

Give the system a few minutes to reconfigure, then check your system is still accessible.  If not, just power your Sonos on and off. 

See how that goes, then we can explore other possibilities if necessary.

What type of router / network do you have?  What are all these Sonos components wired to?

Edit: in fact, having removed the Bridge, I suggest you power off your router and all Sonos, power the router fully back on, and then power back the Sonos devices.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I have taken the bridge out and done a complete reboot which seems to have made the rooms appear although they are still a bit unstable. The system still cuts out intermittently, in one room it can’t make it through a song, stops and then starts to play another song from lower in the playlist. An error message points to network speed (or lost connection to Spotify), but as I have said my system is wired.

More specifically my Sky router (wi-fi off) is connected to a TP - Link gigaswitch which feeds all my Sonos rooms bar 1.

it has worked perfectly for years and now is suddenly riddled with issues. Is this a cynical attempt to move users to S2? Or a consequence of cessation if S1 updates?

In the About My Sonos the room appears but without any detail or IP address

Please put any cynicism aside. This is almost certainly a networking issue. Please confirm that all speakers / players have WM:0 next to them, not WM:1, in About My System.

In Settings,  System, Network,  Networks, are any networks shown as being In Use?

Also, in tbe settings for each Sonos product in your system is an option to Enable WiFi or Disable WiFi.  Please would you confirm that this setting is set to Enable WiFi? 

Thanks John,

Of my 7 rooms only 5 are showing and only 2 present any info in About My Sonos. Both of these are WM:0. All 5 are wi-fi enabled.

This is really weird. I wonder about the integrity of the wired connections. I would do a bit of troubleshooting on the cables. Replace the cable from your router to the switch. Try it in a different port on the router.

If that doesn't help, cut the switch out of it and just wire one of your Sonos devices to the .router.

See if this gives you a stable list of devices in the app. 

These are all just experiments to test and eliminate possible faults.

Also, if you have turned off wireless on router, how is your mobile controller connecting to Sonos?

I’ll give it a go.

Via a wired access point network.

Ah...access points.. how come that wasn't mentioned before?  Or did I miss it?

Is that a problem?

Is that a problem?

Potentially yes, depending on how they are set up.  They are frequently a cause of problems in practice.  Please tell us what access points and other devices make up your network.  Do all the access points have DHCP disabled?