Answered

sonos in ceiling speakers

• 19 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I have several gen 1 amp connect and would like to know if they can be used with the 6.5 Sonos in ceiling speakers?  Also, are the speakers wireless?  If so, can they connect wirelessly or do I need to connect them via conventional speaker wires?

Thank you very much!

Mark

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 January 2024, 01:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

First of all do you have a Gen1 Connect: Amp or a Gen1 Connect?  Also, what is a 6.5 Sonos in ceiling speaker?

I have the Connect: Amp.

TYVM

Sonos has passive speakers that are mounted in walls and ceiling.  I was using the connect amps to power off brand passive speakers in my ceiling.  We are moving and not taking the speakers, just the connect amps.  

I noticed that the  Sonos speakers said they were wireless and wondered if the connected to the connect amp wirelessly or if I will need to connect via traditional cables.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the clarification. Sonos in-ceiling speakers must be wired to the amp. They are wireless in the sense that they can sync with other Sonos speakers for music.

However, the Connent:Amp Gen1 is before my time using Sonos. That said I’m not positive that the current Sonos in-ceilings speakers will work with that vintage amp. Maybe someone else in the community can chime in on the compatibility aspect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

They should work, not sure if they would Trueplay or not on an S1 system.

Thank you!