Answered

Sonos Fix It - Stuck “Multiple Systems…”

• 29 January 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

FWIW @stonekirby appears to have an S1 system. (Profile includes P:5/gen1.) The S1 app could well be a bit more clunky than the current S2 version. 

FWIW @stonekirby appears to have an S1 system. (Profile includes P:5/gen1.) The S1 app could well be a bit more clunky than the current S2 version. 

While I do own a S1 speaker, it’s not included in my S2 system. The Gen 1 Play:5 is only used as a aux-in speaker and not connected to anything at all. :)

I changed the password on .y network and I'm having the same problem....stuck at multiple systems

What is puzzling me is the fact that multiple Sonos systems are found.  And the OP is on holiday.

Makes me wonder if this is some sort of communal WiFi. I am probably barking up the wrong tree and if so, I apologise.

Exact same problem after relocating our move speaker to the vacation house.  The APP is hung up on “continue” after claiming it located several Sonos systems (only have the one Move speaker).

No option to hard wire the move to my router.  I’m on iPhone X with the S2 app.

have not tried deleting the speaker and adding all over because I don’t want to do the same thing when we take the speaker back home (and every other time).

please help!

Exact same problem after relocating our move speaker to the vacation house.  The APP is hung up on “continue” after claiming it located several Sonos systems (only have the one Move speaker).

No option to hard wire the move to my router.  I’m on iPhone X with the S2 app.

have not tried deleting the speaker and adding all over because I don’t want to do the same thing when we take the speaker back home (and every other time).

please help!

I’m sorry to say, but this post makes little, or no sense to me, as you mention that you “only have the one Move Speaker”. So what are you trying to add the Move to if there is no existing Sonos Household on the new WiFi network at the vacation house?

You first need to use an existing Sonos Household, or create a brand new Sonos Household to add the Move to that HH, you won’t be able to add the Move otherwise.

All Sonos devices need to be added to a Sonos Household on the network - note you can have one, or multiple, Sonos Households on any network, using either the same, or different Sonos Accounts.

I personally tend to use the same Sonos Account for all my different Sonos Households on the various networks and add the WiFi credentials to my Sonos App in order to make it easy to discover those existing Households. If you do not have a Household, then you need to reset the App to create one. See screenshots attached.  Note if using Alexa/Google voice assistants the Sonos skill needs to be switched between the Sonos HH’s in order to work aswell.

@Tolindh 
When you’re actually connected to an ‘existing’ Sonos Household on a WiFi network, you can add other WiFi networks to that Sonos HH - it’s much easier to do that whilst the new WiFi is also in range.

1. You can ‘mimic’ a new WiFi network using a mobile Hotspot, thats if you know the SSID/Password of the vacation house WiFi and setup the connection before you travel to the remote location.
  2. A further option, is to add a mobile Hotspot WiFi to the existing Sonos HH whilst at home and then run/operate both the Move and your Sonos controller on that Hotspot temporarily when at the vacation house.  Then simply add the vacation house WiFi credentials to the existing Sonos HH when the new WiFi is in range.

I have had the same issues with both of my Sonos systems for the last 3 weeks.

It seems to start with yet another forced software update to the app.

My issue is that the app will not locate the system.

I have done everything - restarted the app, rebooted yet another wifi router, reloaded every device, with no success. And I have to say that I have done this multiple times.

I am succesfully able to add one device, however when adding another device to the established system, the app fails - it gets lost in a never ending loop of “can’t locate the system”

Been a dedicated and avid Sonos user for 8 years with multiple products and never had any major issues -- until the last 3 weeks when the new conroller update was released.

Not sure who else can assist. Spent 3 hours on the phone with the Sonos help desk and they can’t seem to help either -- has the same issue - we just go around and around loading a product and having other products drop from the system.

Certainly seems to be the same issue that began this string. Open to any ideas.