Skip to main content

Hello guys

I just take the sonos five. two of them. 

well I have harsh sound from both speakers when they be in pair mode.

if unpair them the sound is better.

any thoughts?

Does the source you’re playing make a difference?  Have you done any trueplay tuning?

thanx for the quick response.

I make two times true play….the second was very near to the speaker….and it helps a lot….but Is still here.

very small differences changing source...iPhone,ipad or macbook...the harsh is always there. i put -10 the treble in order to avoid this...it helps a lot but the sound is dull.

I make two times true play….the second was very near to the speaker….and it helps a lot….but Is still here.

very small differences changing source...iPhone,ipad or macbook...the harsh is always there. i put -10 the treble in order to avoid this...it helps a lot but the sound is dull.

1. Is the audio any better if you switch off TruePlay?
2. Maybe try the speaker pair in different orientations, just to see if those changes may better suit your listening position and how you like to hear the chosen audio. 

By source I meant the streaming service you were using, or airplay, or TV, or aux input.  The device you use the Sonos app on doesn’t really matter.

It would probably be a good idea to contact Sonos about this.  They will likely ask for a diagnostic, and from there they should be able to tell what the issue is.   This doesn’t sound like a hardware issue, since it happens on both speakers, but hard to say it’s software either, since it happens on both speakers when they are not setup on a pair.  If you’re using airplay for everything, then perhaps that’s an issue.

yeah I use airplay….I have only airplay to try and input.

it seems that the harsh day by day goes away...maybe is that because are new?

yeah I use airplay….I have only airplay to try and input.

it seems that the harsh day by day goes away...maybe is that because are new?

What music streaming services do you use?  Apple, Spotify?  Almost all streaming services can be setup in the Sonos app to be streamed directly to your speakers without airplay.   You should give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

yeah I also your way through spotify . its much better.

also I am trying to disable trueplay but I didn’t find this option. As I search in web maybe the old version have this option?

let me know if there is a way to disable or I must reset them.

thanx