Sonos does not satisfy.

• 20 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I bought into Sonos, and am starting to regret it. It is slow on my phone, cuts out, and is always updating but not better. So, …. Sonos where are you going? Is this going to be worth the pain in the end? 

I can get speakers anywhere. Can you tell me why I should keep your stuff?

You keep offering free shipping. Shipping really isn’t relevant - that tells me you’ve lost your way. I’ve spent over $1,000. Keep the shipping, make the app work. This isn’t a pair of socks.

3 replies

Badge

I’ve seen you ask if the person just wants to Vent. If they are venting you seem to drop it.

At my company we love to listen to a customer/client vent. They care enough to tell you what is wrong, and what to do to fix it. Your choice.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Sonos moderator ask if you’re venting, or want help, only those of us who are community members. 

Both of the issues you’ve mentioned are good indicators of network problems. If you haven’t called Sonos Support directly to discuss it, I’d recommend it, they would likely be most helpful to figuring out what is ailing your network. Conversely, if you were post more information about your system on this community forum, there are a lot of people who might be willing to assist as much as possible. Of course, those of us who are not Sonos employees don’t have access to the data in a system diagnostic, but based on our own knowledge, and use of the system, can often assist. 

But at the end of the day, this is a Sonos community forum, and not a way to communicate with Sonos support. I would imagine the data posted here gets summarized, and passed up the chain. Sometime the moderators have time to engage with an individual’s concerns, but more often it is folks like me, who are users of the system ourselves, have a fair understanding of the way the system is supposed to work, and want other people to enjoy the system as much as we do. But again, no company’s products are perfect for every use, and every person.

Let this community know if you’re interested in figuring out the issues plaguing your system. It can vary from the extremely infrequent software or hardware issue, to the much more likely network problem. In general, if we can help, we will, but ultimately you may be best served by calling in to Sonos directly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just to ad an observation. How is the system “always updating”? I have my system set to update at night and, if I’m not too impatient, never notice any update. Why is your experience so different?