Question

Sonos cuts out playing from Mac

• 16 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Driving me insane the most infuriating bit of home entertainment ever owned

first they stopped us being able to stream from songs on my iPad so then thought right I’ll have to use my MacBook.  Now it even cuts out before one song has even played through

seems to link to Mac screen gong to energy save, surely music can carry on playing if screen goes to sleep. 

extremely frustrating. Very clear that all Sonos wants to do is force users to a music subscription service or hardwire the source music to the speaker 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @revstar, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us your concern and for providing your feedback. Let me help you with this.

First, I'd like to ask a few questions and will give some suggestions on what you can follow.

• Are you experiencing an issue with your music service or your music library?
  • What is the software version of your iPad to check compatibility with Sonos?
  • Have you tried using a different controller? Did it work?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.