Sonos Connect... Won't

• 30 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

My Connect has been remarkably sporadic. I have updated my controllers, and then the app led me through two hardware updates. Yet the Connect drops out after a few minutes. I hit “Stop” and “Play” on the app, and we’re good again… for a few.

Yes I’ve rebooted router.

Yes I’ve rebooted EVERY Sonos product.

It’s a Connect with a direct line-of-sight to the router. Ten feet away. In a 1300 square foot apartment. The router is eight months old.

Diagnostic 1493639714

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I’ve noticed that you don’t even sell Connects anymore, it’s been replaced with the Port.

I know I’m an idiot for even considering spending more money with this company, but if I buy a Port will that be more reliable?

The CONNECT stopped being produced by Sonos back in 2019, when the Port was released, so it’s been a while. My suspicion is that your CONNECT is having network issues, not hardware failure, but that’s not a complete impossibility.  I’d be willing to bet that for zero cost, you’re liable to get your CONNECT to work the way you want it. Unless you do want to go with the Sonos Port, which was introduced in 

Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss your diagnostic? Or were you going to rely on the Forum moderators for this community to have time to look at your diagnostic?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Or were you going to rely on the Forum moderators for this community to have time to look at your diagnostic?

Feels like you're suggesting the “Support Board” was the wrong place to turn.

I'd prefer a reliable Connect. Sonos has never been stable (through multiple networks and many network equipment upgrades) but if the Port is objectively better I'm willing to try it out.

Where does it say ‘Support Board’? The headers I see say ‘Sonos Community’. Are you getting a different header than I am?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Historically, for me at least, reserving an IP address in the router for the Sonos connect has improved reliability in terms of dropouts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

At 10 feet away from the router I’d run an Ethernet cable as step one to eliminate WiFi problems as an issue.