Skip to main content

Sharing my experience with a Sonos Connect and my Netgear Orbi mesh network.

TLDR:  A wired ethernet connection from my Orbi router to the Sonos Connect S2 has made this connection stable, and overall more reliable.

It appears there is an issue with the wifi connectivity from a Sonos Connect.  Even when I have a wireless router in the same room (w/in 5’ of the Connect), the connection is unstable with many disconnects.  

Before hard-wireing the ethernet connection the status Network Matrix was not listing the Connect http://192.168.1.12:1400/support/review

After hard-wiring the ethernet connection, the Network Matrix shows all components, but no information in the body of the grid - Is that normal?.    Also, One row label is all red with the following info.  What does that mean?

Den
Root Bridge
Noise Floor: -112, -106, -105
OFDM ANI level: 9

P.S.  Even the sad little Sonos Roam SL that is generally a pain in the arse to use seems to be happier now that the Connect is hard-wired ethernet.

Hi @Bob and Ros 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for sharing your findings - I’m glad to hear you found a fix for the issues you were having.

The red “OFDM ANI level:9” indicates a high level of 5GHz interference near the unit, which goes some way to explain why you were having problems on WiFi. Should you attempt a wireless connection again, please ensure the Connect has 1m (3 feet) separation from other radio-enabled devices. My first suspicion would be that the Connect is too close to the router - that would explain why your Roam is now happier.

It’s normal for some of the information on that chart to disappear when ethernet is used, as it is no longer relevant.

I hope this helps.