sonos connect flashing red light

• 19 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi.  My sonos connect disappeared from my system according to my phone app.  Multiple attempts to find it/reconnect were unsuccessful.  I tried turning it off and on again.  That didn’t solve anything.  I tried resetting it.  That was a mistake!  Now, I just have a flashing red light.  I called support and they said “it’s a known issue” “we are working on it” “a fix will be rolled out soon.”  That seems unlikely considering the connect is so old (how long has this been a known issue)?  Any ideas on how I can get my connect working again?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Well I don’t know how I fixed it, but I did.  The flashing red light thing was still happening, but I just went through the add product work flow and it worked this time.  No idea what I did differently.

Uhhh.  Forget the above.  Reseting still results in flashing red.  Still having all the same problems as in the original post.

Regarding S1 or S2, the app I use is sonos 2.  Does that answer your question?  As far as the date on the bottom of my connect, I don’t see any such date?  I do see CMIT ID: 2012DJ0234 .   Does that answer?  I tried factory reset (again) and this time it did not go straight to flashing red light.  It went to orange, but I still can’t get my sonos set up no matter what I try.  Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If a factory reset of just the Connect and then adding it as a new device to your existing system isn’t working I don’t have a solution.

Are you on S1 or S2 and what is the date from the bottom of the Connect?

Flashing red

A new (or reset) Sonos product will show a flashing red light if it is not set up within 30 minutes of powering on. You can clear this state by rebooting your Sonos product.

Userlevel 7

The flashing red light is a known issue, but the fact that you can’t connect it to your network is a completely different issue. Have you tried rebooting your router and phone and trying the setup process again?