Sonos connect fades out for a few seconds

• 29 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, my Sonos connect fades out randomly for a few seconds playing any music source. One can hear the music still playing very faintly in the background. It also soemtimes gives a slight scratching sounds as it fades out or comes back in. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @shauntheledgerwoods, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the devices connected to your Connect? How about using different cables? Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps you have performed before contacting?

We’d appreciate it if you can submit a diagnostic report for us to check your Sonos system and to see what might be causing this. Please include the confirmation number in your response. If you have any questions, please let us know. We’ll wait for your reply. 

Userlevel 2

Hi Rowena, thank you for getting back to me. I have tried disconnecting and connecting, I also tried the connect with different amplifiers and I have the same issue. I also tried different cables and nothing helped.

The diangostic report number is 935915066, please note I did have the Connect powered off before so maybe the data log is too short? The moment I set it back up I had the issue again so I thought then there is probably enouigh data, either way, please let me know.

Regards

Shaun

Userlevel 2

Rowena, hi, I decided to just run a new diagnostic report to give it a bit more data, the report number is 1631802340.

Regards

Shaun

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @shauntheledgerwoods, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic report. Upon checking all the reports that you submitted. There are no issues found in your System. The diagnostic gives us the snapshots of your Sonos system for us to identify what might be causing the issue. Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps to see if it will work for you.

1. Hardwire your Connect to your router and check Sonos' performance.
  2. If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.
    • The auto channel must be set to Off
    • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
    • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
    • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
    • UPnP should be enabled
    • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
    • Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)

If you're still experiencing the same with your Connect, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to provide you the best option. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.